Trusted knowledge in a world full of data
Career develoment and high quality training
Networking and peer support
Giving back and sharing wisdom and knowledge
Advocacy for the health and safety profession
Building better standards in health and safety
Individual professional development:Learning from and helping others, engaging in networking, discussing and debating emerging issues of the time,and doing training to supplement your practice knowledge.
Improving health and safety practice: Includes our work maintaining the OHS Body of Knowledge, the OHS Profession Certification program, Higher Education Accreditation, Training Endorsement program and Ethics framework.
Advocating for improved legislation, regulation and overall health and safety standards: We undertake a wide range of policy and advocacy work, supported by or driven by our members, to give a policy voice to the profession. This isn't the employer or the Union voice - its an evidence based voice with one goal: healthy, safe and productive workplaces.
As a member, in addition to these things, you get access to a wide range of information services, free and discounted products, and training.
If being part of this is for you, choose one of the membership options below to join. If you are a current member and are looking to renew please login to member portal.
- Managers and executives who have WHS/OHS responsibilities
- WHS/OHS practitioners and professionals
- Health and Safety Representatives
- Trainees and graduates in entry level WHS/OHS roles
- Anyone with an interest, working or volunteering in WHS/OHS
- Recently completed your studies
- Has been employed for less than 12 months
- 12 months only to help with transition to AIHS membership
- Opportunity for free Trainee/Graduate certification application (must meet criteria and requirements - VALUED AT $135)