Our Vision is safe and healthy people in productive workplaces and communities.
Our Mission is to proactively shape and improve workplace health and safety now and in the generations to come.
How we pursue our Mission
- We provide a collective voice for the profession and add value to workplaces by supporting and educating the profession to develop and implement world class practice.
- We support developments in health and safety practice by facilitating learning and engagement, providing forums for professional discussion and debate, and networks for peer-to-peer mentoring and learning.
- We support growth in professional capability.
- We seek to continually improve health and safety education and training through the OHS Body of Knowledge and delivery of relevant services.
- We advocate with courage on policy which improves legislation, regulation and standards.
- We promote awareness and build knowledge of health and safety throughout the wider community.
- We build knowledge of, and raise the importance of, the health and safety role at all levels of industries and workplaces from Boards and managers through to workers and the supply chain.
The values that underpin our work:
Integrity: We are ethical, and act with honesty and accountability
Legacy: We honour the contributions that have built what is here today
Diversity: We respect each other's diverse perspectives
Humanity: We are passionate about health and safety because we care about people and community.