Join us on Friday 13 March 2020 for a webinar presentation titled: Investigations Differently
This session will explore the safety 2 approach to incident investigations and allow participants to identify:
- how the root cause investigations, miss important gaps
- The blue line of work compared to the black line of work
- collection of the right information
- how do we learn about ‘Normal Work’
- comparing Work as Normal vs Work as Intended unlocks true organisational issues
- operational learning questions
- blueline Investigation Methodology
Date: Friday 13 March 2020
Time: 2:30-3:30pm (AEDT)
Cost: $20 + GST Members | $65 + GST non members
Mark Alston, the principal facilitator for Investigations Differently, has extensive experience in investigations commencing as a Federal Agent in the Australian Federal Police, responsible for investigating organised crime and large-scale drug and fraud offences. Since then, Mark has worked for a diverse range of organisations including BHP, Rio Tinto, Macmahon Holdings, CQMS Razer, and Mitchell Services. Role responsibilities have included; incident investigations, risk management, safety and auditing.
Mark has utilised root cause analysis methods including TapRoot© and ICAM©, 5 Whys and Essential Factors to investigate workplace incidents over the past 10 years. Throughout his career, Mark has developed and implemented systems of work to manage incident reporting and investigation requirements as well as the training of operational personnel and safety professionals in investigation methodology.