AIHS Members - Complimentary
Non - Members - Complimentary
Join Sunshine Coast Area Network (SCAN), Australian Institute of Health & safety ( AIHS) for WHS networking event on Monday 28 March 2022.
Date: Monday 28 March 2022
Time: 9:00am - 11:30am (Registration from 9am for a 9:30 am Start)
Format: Hybrid Event
Cost: AIHS Members - Complimentary, Non- Members - Complimentary
Venue Location: TAFE (QLD East Coast Mooloolaba Campus)
A Block – Up the stairs in Room A2:04 see map.
34 Lady Musgrave Drive, Mountain Creek
Join Zoom Meeting – https://tafeqld.zoom.us/j/69234916805
Meeting ID: 692 3491 6805 This session may be recorded.
TAFE handles any personal information we collect in accordance with TAFE’s Privacy Statement, available here: https://tafeqld.edu.au/global/privacy-statement.html.
If available, Zoom cloud recordings will be communicated to you by the Host – these expire 28 days from date recording.
Please mute & turn video off while presenters are talking.
• Other times please have video on If you have connection problems, try closing other programs down that you may be running.
Sometimes you may have to get out of Zoom and re-join the meeting.
* This meeting may be recorded.
1. Topic – Reckless conduct means the possibility of a jail sentence – When is conduct reckless?
Alan Girle, Special Counsel, Safety & Migration, Macpherson Kelley
2. Topic – Hazard profiling. A useful first step for designing or redesigning an OHS management system.
Frank Bogna, OHS Lecturer Safety Sciences, College of Science and Sustainability, School of Health, Medical & Applied Sciences, CQUniversity Australia
3. Topic – We all have choices
Brett Biddle, Lead Inspector, WHSQ, Office of Industrial Relations
4. Case Study – Nicky McMillan’s WHS journey as a small business owner.
Nicky McMillan, Director/Office Manager, Regson Fabrication and member of the QLD Construction Industry Sector Committee
5. Other business and CLOSE
Parking & Venue Access information