The Australian Institute of Health & Safety WA Branch would like to invite you to join us on Wednesday 23 September for the Barminco Underground Mine Training Facility Tour.
Being an effective health and safety advisor relies on understanding the context where work is actually performed. In the case of underground mining - How can you learn about the hazards and risks of working underground without physically being in danger? Mel Dugay is the lead induction and safety trainer at Barminco and will take us on a tour of a life-size underground mine site simulation.
You will experience:
- An underground mine simulator
- Virtual Reality training for underground mining hazards
- Live emergency response exercises
This is a live training facility the following PPE is required: safety boots, high visibility long sleeve shirt and long pants
1. Professional Networking
2. Learn about the hazards and risks associated with underground mining by physically visiting a simulation site.
3. Experience Virtual Reality training
4. Observe live fire fighting and emergency evacuation drills
10:00am: Registration / Meet at Barminco Admin
10:15am- 11:00am: Underground Mine Facility Tour
11:00am- 11:30am: Q&A and Wrap Up
Cameron Stevens - Founder Safety Innovation Academy & AIHS WA Branch Committee Member
This is event is brought to you by:
390 Stirling Crescent Hazelmere WA AU 6055
Unit 2/217-219 Mickleham Rd Tullamarine Victoria 3043