Annual General Meeting
On behalf of the Australian Institute of Health & Safety, we invite you to attend the 2023 Annual General Meeting which will be held as on online event only.
Details of the webinar will be provided closer to the event.
Date: Thursday 2 November 2023
Venue: Online event only
Time: 5:00pm AEDT
Registration: Please register for the Annual General Meeting here.
Formal Notice of Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the AIHS Annual General Meeting will take place on Thursday 2 November 2023 as an online event only, commencing at 5:00pm AEDT.
- Opening & Chairperson’s Welcome
- Declaration of Proxies
- Declaration of Quorum
- Consideration and acceptance of minutes of previous meeting
- Draft Minutes of the 2022 AGM are attached here.
- Presentation of Annual Report:
- Chairperson’s report
No resolution is required to be considered by the Members under the Corporations Act or the Company’s Constitution. However, Members will have an appropriate opportunity to ask questions on the Chair’s report.
- Operations Report
From the Chief Executive
No resolution is required to be considered by the Members under the Corporations Act or the Company’s Constitution. However, members will have an appropriate opportunity to ask questions on the CEO’s Operations report.
- Consideration of Financial Report
Report from the Chair of the Finance, Risk, Audit, Performance and Compliance Committee including consideration of the Auditors Report for the year ended 30 June 2023.
No resolution is required to be considered by the Members under the Corporations Act or the Company’s Constitution. However, Members will have an appropriate opportunity to ask questions on the financial statements.
- Declaration of Directors Election
The Directors completing their term in office (which is at the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting) are Mr Liam O’Connor, Ms Celia Antonovsky, and Ms Naomi Kemp. Celia Antonovsky is standing for re-election.
A complete list of candidates up for nomination can be found below:
- Dick Thornton-Grimes
- Fiona McCarthy
- Laura Maddock
- Celia Antonovsky
- Rod Maule
- Eddie Bugajewski
- Melinda Simpson
- William Newell
- Debra Burlington
- Camilla Windfeld Khanna
- Richard Coleman
- Simon Roberts
As the number of nominations for a position on the Board of AIHS exceeds the number of positions available, the director vacancies will be filled by an election held in accordance with the Constitution.
To view the Director Candidate Statements, please click here.
- Appointment of Auditor for 2023/2024
- Other Business: There is no other business
- Close of meeting
By order of the Board on 25 September 2023.
Voting for Directors
Voting for Directors by financial members opens at 00:00 hours AEST, Monday 25 September 2023 and will close on Thursday 19 October at 17:00 hours AEDT.
Members are requested to download the following documents:
- Explanatory Notes: Director Nominee Statements
- 2023 AGM: Voting Instructions and How to Participate in the AGM
- Direct Voting Form (for those members who do not wish to vote online)
- Electioneering Rules.
How to Place Your Vote
There are two ways to vote for an AIHS Board of Director - Candidate.
- ONLINE VOTING: You may submit your vote online using the AIHS online voting portal. To access this portal please click here. Please note when accessing this portal, you will be required to confirm your Surname, Email address and Billing postcode as contained in your AIHS membership profile.
- DIRECT VOTING FORM: You may place your vote by downloading and completing the Direct Voting Form (above link). Please note this form must be submitted to the AIHS national office in person or by post by 17:00 hours (5:00pm) AEDT on Thursday 19 October 2023.
If you are unable to attend the AGM you may nominate a Proxy to attend in your stead by completing this form. Proxy forms are to be received by 5:00pm AEDT on Wednesday 1 November 2023.
For any questions prior to the AGM please email firstname.lastname@example.org.